You are hereHome › High School Students
High School Students
At the start of your college search process, you’re embarking on one of the most important journeys in your life. You’ve taken the first step—exploring the breadth and depth of opportunities at the University of Michigan, a premier institution offering one of the most widely-recognized degrees in the world.
Now is the time to map your personal and academic goals and measure them against the institutions to which you aspire. Students at the University of Michigan are bright and inquisitive, come from a diverse range of backgrounds, and are driven to succeed.
U-M has a number of resources that can help you throughout this process:
- Find out about First-year Requirements and Apply.
- Register as a prospective student to receive information and updates on events of importance to you and your family.
- Explore the University’s wealth of Majors in nearly 250 degree programs or the top-ranked schools and colleges.
- Schedule a visit and spend some time walking across this great campus guided by an undergraduate student tour guide.
- Look into Student Resources and Housing.
- Check Costs & Aid, invite your Parents to help and talk to a member of our Admissions Team.
- Take advantage of our guide for 8th-11th graders that will help you prepare to become a truly competitive applicant.