You are hereHome › Counselors
A Productive Partnership
Throughout the history of the University of Michigan, high school counselors have played and continue to play an important role in the recruiting process. As key influencers and supporters in your students’ college choice decision-making, you make a valuable contribution to the process by providing key information, connecting students to opportunities, helping them narrow choices, and easing what can be a stressful time in their young lives.
We value this working partnership. We know that in your day-to-day operation, you have numerous responsibilities and need information that is both timely and accurate. To help facilitate your needs, we provide a range of resources to make your job easier, among them:
- A newly designed website with user-based navigation that ensures counselors and students can find what they need;
- A full range of recruiting publications, updated with current information, insights, and visual and emotional appeal for both prospective students and their families;
- More than 20 seasoned admissions counselors on staff, fully able to help counselors, prospective students and their parents;
- A recruiting system in which each counselor is assigned to a territory—a Michigan region, U.S. state, or foreign country—so that they are well-versed in specific types of students;
- Admissions counselors who specialize in transfer admissions.
Although it is physically impossible for our admissions staff to set foot on every high school campus, we have been and continue to be easily reachable via phone and email throughout the year. Please don’t hesitate to contact us to determine which counselor has been assigned to your school or to help meet any of your recruiting needs.
For more information:
Meet the U-M Admissions Staff