You are hereHome › Application Requirements
- The Michigan Difference
- The Selection Process
- Application Requirements
- Cost & Aid
- The Undergraduate Admissions Team
- Dates and Deadlines
- Our People
- At A Glance
All students follow the same basic steps to apply to the University of Michigan (although there are variations for transfer and international students). First, you must fill out and submit The Common Application as well as the University of Michigan Questions. A completed application will include each of these items submitted by our deadline:
- The Common Application and U-M Questions
- High School Transcript (if you have taken courses at a non-U.S. high school, an official English translation is required to accompany any non-English language transcripts.)
- School Report
- One Teacher Evaluation
- SAT or ACT with writing test scores
- TOEFL, MELAB, or IELTS scores (for non-native speakers of English)
Unless we specifically request additional information from you, submitting extra documents may only delay your decision.
Please take note of the following:
Your SAT/ACT test scores must be sent directly from the testing agency and received in our office by our deadline. Please plan ahead —rush paper scores are not accepted.
If you have not yet had your scores reported to the University of Michigan, you may request to have them sent online using these links:
The School Report must be returned with an official high school transcript and be received in our office by our deadline. We strongly encourage high school counselors to fill out this form online and submit the transcript electronically.