You're a Wolverine!


You’ve got what it takes to succeed at the University of Michigan. Out of a record number of applicants, we’ve selected you for admission to the University based on your academic achievements, outstanding record of extracurricular activities, and the diversity you will bring to our campus. You’ve worked hard and accomplished much. Now, attend a university where you can accomplish so much more.

Let us help you make the most important decision about your future. No matter what kind of information and resources you need to make your transition into the University—whether you're a first-year freshman or a transfer studentyou can locate it here.  

What to Do Next
Four easy steps to start your enrollment process:

  1. 1. Tell us your enrollment plans as soon as you know, but no later than the enrollment deposit deadline (May 1 for Fall term). Paying the non-refundable $300 enrollment deposit will secure your place in your class, and is a down payment on your tuition. (Students with financial inability to pay may request an Enrollment Deposit (EDR) Waiver.)  

  2. 2. Get your Uniqname and U-M email address. The University of Michigan builds your U-M email address from what we call a Uniqname. Once you have paid your enrollment deposit, you will receive an email with instructions on creating a Uniqname and which includes a one-time ID (OTID). Using your OTID and your U-M ID «ID», you will create a U-M email address in this format: You should regularly check your email account for important messages from Housing, Financial Aid, the Office of New Student Programs, your academic unit, and more. Visit the uniqname website with your OTID and get started!

  3. 3. Set up your campus living arrangements. Your new Uniqname will be your login ID which will enable you to apply online to live in a residence hall. Once you have paid your enrollment deposit, you will receive a housing application email via your email account during the first weeks of April. Questions? The staff at University Housing will be happy to answer them for you.

  4. 4. Start the process of earning Advanced Placement or International Baccalaureate credit by making sure your exam results have been submitted to our office by the testing agencies. International students may also receive advanced standing credit by submitting the results of A-Levels or other international matriculation examinations.

If You're a Transfer Student
Transfer your credits! To transfer non-U-M credits, you need to ask the registrar of your current/previous school to send official transcripts (with all course work posted) directly to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. If a final transcript is not available at the time of admission or when you are planning to transfer, you will receive a tentative evaluation of transferable credits prior to Orientation. A copy will also be given to the academic advisors to assist you during Orientation and registration. Evaluation of most professional credits is made during and shortly after registration week by the Schools and Colleges in which you are enrolling. General course equivalency information is available.

If you are currently an F-1 visa holder who has studied at another institution in the United States within the last 5 months, we require an additional form in addition to the FRS and supporting financial documentation.  The Transfer-In Form is composed of two sections to be filled out by you and your current school's DSO (Designated School Official) or International Student Advisor (ISA).  This form should be completed and submitted along with the FRS and your supporting financial documents.

If You're an International Student 
Admitted international students have unique eligibility requirements. Please see the below links for specific guidelines: 

Additional Helpful Links For Admitted Students

Left Sidebar Image (Not for all templates):